About the Canadian Condominium Institute
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to introduce ourselves. We are the Golden Horseshoe Chapter and we are one of the founding chapters of the CCI. We have been actively promoting condominium living in the Golden Horseshoe area for 30 years.
We provide members with a variety of valuable services such as: courses, seminars, quarterly issues of the “Condo News” and a web site to answer general questions on condominium affairs. We also represent the condominium community at the municipal and provincial levels of government when required. Currently, our membership includes condominium corporations, unit owners, professionals and trades throughout the Golden Horseshoe and surrounding area.
What Can The CCI-GHC Do For You?
Unit Owners and Directors
- Provide by offering courses, seminars and the “Condo News” magazine information about how to deal with the many difficult issues that arise within a condominium. Course topics include the following: legal interpretation of the Condominium Act (1998), Insurance for condominiums; directors responsibilities; and the management of reserve funds and preparation of budgets.
- Lobbying various levels of government.ie. prevention of reserve fun interest being taxed by the federal government and continue to recommend changes to the government to make the legislation more useful.
- Lobbying Municipal, Regional and Provincial Government for more services for property taxes paid – i.e. Fair Taxes Campaign now in progress
- Lobbying suppliers. ie. granting a reduction in hydro deposits for new condominium corporations.
- Provide the opportunity for networking with industry leaders and fellow directors at varios events
Property Managers and Other Professionals
Through educational and accreditation programs professionals and managers gain recognition within the condominium community attesting that their skills and expertise make them the best choice for the job.
Developers and Trades
The opportunity for fellowship and the exchange of ideas and information with others from all facets of the condominium community will serve to broaden your own knowledge and keep you up to date with the latest developments. Membership also provides an excellent means to promote your company in the condominium community.